Friday, December 3, 2010

Construction Girl


One of the Funnest Jobs ever!  All of the amigos brought their own stoves everyday and always offered me fresh Mexican food straight from their Senioritas at home.  In times of struggle, they came to my rescue--I was surrounded by superheroes.  I also felt like a queen considering the fact that I was the only girl among electricians, plumbers, cement layers, the whole nine yards.  Heck, I was granted my own porter potty.  Life couldn’t get any better than this.

At the time, I was working for RND Framing where my position was of course, framing.  The first week on the job was a test where I had to do remedial work around the site–sweeping in the hot blazing sun and putting tools back where they belonged.  Of course in knowing that these tasks were only to see if I could hack the heat, I set out to accomplish all of them, no questions asked (extra motivated to not make a bad impression for myself and women in general).  I was quick to win the trust of my former boss Basilio Viorato and we immediately became family.  He definitely made it for top 3 bosses of all time.   The unit in the above picture is only one among 8 others that me and the team worked on for about 6 months.

Framing Language

Enrique, One of My Favorites

meet the electricians

How in the world did I end up here?  Let’s say I’ve been assisting my dad with carpentry projects since I was a kid.  It was time to upgrade from tool time in my garage.  Can you believe that I had my own tools hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment